Friday, September 19, 2008

Yes, I am a "Fly Lady" Fan


I love to read something that motivates me to stretch a little higher and do something a little better. So here is my book recommendation for home organization, "Sink Reflections" by Marla Cilley aka the "fly lady". In my quest to organize the chaos that we sometimes have in our happy little home...I decided to try something new. I began reading Marla's website http://www.flylady.net/a couple of years ago and went out and bought her book. I got a little side tracked however by trying to do everything all at once. I forgot to read the part where she talks about taking babysteps when it comes to tackling housework. I love her writing style. It is refreshingly lighthearted and fun. Her approach to maintaining an organized home is simple and effective. Starting with keeping your kitchen sink clean and shiny. She also helps you to stop criticizing yourself through expecting perfection and instead adopting the mantra, "housework done incorrectly still blesses your home." I have now developed my little morning and evening routines and have been following them faithfully for the last 30 days or so and I am so happy with my progress. My little mountains of clutter are slowly put surely shrinking. A few Sunday's ago I hosted a family dinner and didn't even have to panic about cleaning the house because it already looked tidy, hooray! My attitude about housework is changing from one of feeling sorry for all that I have to do in a day to realizing what a blessing it is to take care of my home and sweet little famiy. I love this book!!!

No comments: