Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mischievous Maneuvers

A few Sunday's ago I was approached by a boy in my son's primary class "The Informant". He likes to keep me updated on Miguel's latest shenanigans. This week may have topped them all-
"Ummm, Mrs. Larsen. . . Miguel has a frog in his scriptures today."
I look at him immediatley. Surely I must not be hearing "the informant" correctly...
"Wait, did you say a frog?"
"Yeah it's a frog and it's in his scripture case."
I stop for a moment trying to wrap my head around this one, then in my best nonchalant reply. . .
"Oh a frog huh? (pause) a pretend one right?"
The informant is just about to burst at the seams as he shares this last juicy tidbit with me.
"No, IT"S A REAL LIVE ONE and it's in a bag of water that he showed to the whole class in primary today."

After thanking my source, my mind quickly flashes back to a booth I had seen the day before during Draper Days.
The large sign read -FROGS $1 Each-
Upon our arrival to the car we confiscated Miguel's scriptures and yes indeedy there he was squished up in his tiny little ziploc bag with no light and very little chance for air. "Swimmy" is his name (cleverly chosen by my son).

As for me and his Dad we're truly just much to tired to even care anymore.
As time goes on we're learning to roll with these things.
So here's to "Swimmy".

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tebbs Family said...

Hilarious!!! Oh, the things that keep us young...

Terese Johnston said...

Why am I not shocked? :) That is so funny, gotta love these cute kids!