Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School Traditions

My baby Mikayla started Kindergarten this year, happy for her a little sad for me (sniff, sniff).
Miguel is so grown up now first grade is a full day at school. He said, "It was really long Mom!" But each day he's up and ready to go!


Growing up I was the oldest of six children. I remember each year my Mom would take me school shopping all by myself and then let me choose a place to eat out for lunch. Because we didn't get a lot of one on one time, this was something I really looked forward to each year. I have contunued this tradition with my kids and even though it's a simple thing, I try hard to not feel rushed and to really make each one feel listened to and special. We also set aside a night before school starts when each child gets a Father's blessing from Matt. I think this helps them not only with their studies but in all the other challenges they may face throughout the new school year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diane said...

What cute pictures of the kids. I like Miguel's hair. Cuteness x 2 !

They look so big