Friday, June 5, 2009

Catch me if you can

We were sitting in the office the other day... me preoccupied on the computer while my son Colton talked to me and Mimi twittered about chasing a pesky fly. Suddenly she comes over to us with an excited giggle saying, "I caught him!" I looked at this little tiny white box she was holding and had literally been trying to snap the fly up with. I thought no way. She's making this up, there is no way she could catch a fly in a box. However I decided to play along with her. As she grasped the box tightly in her little hands she asked, "Do you hear him?" I looked at her knowing smile and with my ear to the box said, "I can't hear him, are you sure he's really in there honey?" "Yeah" she said, "listen when I shake him." So I listened and watched , more interested now as I saw her excitement grow. Finally I begged her to show me the fly. Her smile was a mile wide as she cautiously lifted the lid to reveal none other than that pesky (now disoriented) fly sitting dazed in the bottom of her box! Wow, she's quick!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diane said...

Now that girl has skills. I love that she caught that in the box!