Monday, July 7, 2014

Simple Oatmeal Muffins




I really love these simple but delicious muffins.  Mostly because I always have the ingredients on hand. They're also healthy and make up so quick.  When I make them I really feel like I've done something special and nutritious for my family.  This recipe can be found at Barefoot and Baking.  I have followed her blog for some time now and I love many of her recipes.  Check out more of her delicious muffins by clicking on her link. http://barefootandbaking.blogspot.com/search/label/muffins

1 cup oats
1 cup buttermilk (tip: If I don't have buttermilk I use this perfect substitute.  Place 1 Tbsp. of vinegar or lemon juice in liquid measuring cup.  Add enough milk to bring liquid to the 1 cup line.  Let stand for 5 min. Then use the amount called for in recipe.)

Mix these together then add:

1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg

Mix again and then add:

1 cup flour or whole wheat flour ( I like to use White Wheat flour)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Mix until combined. Pour into greased or lined muffin tin.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes 12 muffins.

No comments: