Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Snickerdoodles


The perfect cookie in my book. Soft and sweet and simple to make. Served with a scoop of your favorite sherbet or better yet a sherbet float made with sprite, makes a very refreshing summertime treat.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 and 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
(cream above ingredients together)
2 and 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
(mix dry ingredients together then add to wet mixture)

Roll dough into 1-2 inch balls then roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Smash slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes (I take mine out right at 8 min. even if they look a little under done.) Let sit 1 minute on pan and then place directly on a cooling rack. They come out perfect every time. Yum!
Recipe source: my friend Lori

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the recipe! We'll have to give it a whirl.

Diane said...

These are the best snickerdoodle recipe that I have tried. My boys gobble them up...but then again, they gobble most anything up these days. I love these too!